Accounting Interns at MOCA work on projects that have a direct and measurable impact on the institution, including such tasks as account reconciliation, compiling and analyzing budgets, preparing financial statements, and assisting with cash management forecasting. When appropriate they might be assigned special projects such as developing fixed asset inventory management. You’ll be coached and mentored by a CFO who has 30+ years professional experience and you will work closely with an additional financial expert.
The ideal intern:
• Actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Can work independently while taking an analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
• Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
• Motivated, ambitious and assertive.
• Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas.
A few logistics:
• Interns are expected to work 15-20 hours per week.
• Regular office hours are between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MOCA Accounting Internship”.
• Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
• If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
• Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
• Contact information for references for 3 employers or professors who will tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.