Are you as fascinated by Cleveland history as you are with contemporary art and dialogue? Archives + Records Management Interns assist with the organization of MOCA’s past, present, and future by implementing preservation systems, preparing inventories, and developing disposal schemes. They aren’t afraid of a little dust, and maybe a spider or two, as they roll up their sleeves and dig into MOCA’s archives.
You will work with closely with MOCA’s Assistant Director of Exhibitions, who coordinates the lending of artworks and maintains the museum’s archival holdings, as well as enjoying regular collaboration with the curatorial team and having opportunities to interact with exhibiting artists and their representatives.
The ideal intern:
- Meticulously detail-oriented and able to spot a mis-filed document a mile away.
- Naturally curious and investigative.
- Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas.
- Familiar with databases, spreadsheets, and archiving tools.
- Education or experience in art history, library science, or fine arts would be a huge plus.
- Library/Information Science
- Art History, particularly in the areas of contemporary or twentieth century.
- Historic Preservation
A few logistics:
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and are encouraged to attend as many fun and interesting public programs and events as their hearts desire.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “MOCA Archives + Records Management Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.