Creative Facilitator for the Here, Our Voices Summer Teen Program
June 7 - September 1, 2018
On-site program time: Thursdays, (time TBD)
Compensation - $200 per week (approx. 10 hours per week for 14 weeks)
We are seeking an experienced, engaged, community-minded, creative adult who will help
guide rising juniors and seniors through MOCA’s summer intensive program, Here, Our Voices.
Here, Our Voices is a weekly program for teens interested in developing their unique voice
around a social issue important to them. The Creative Facilitator’s primary role is to serve as an
inspiring leader and mentor for the teen cohort. The summer program engages and introduces
teens to a variety of artistic processes. The program aims to hone a teens professional skills,
advance emotional development and empathy, and build a reflective practice around their most
pressing social concerns. The Creative Facilitator will co-develop a toolbox of resources, tools,
and techniques that will support the creative actions of these youth.
The Creative Facilitator should have:
● Experience in creatively addressing social issues and concerns
● Responsible, sensitive, and mature approach to mentoring and inspiring teens of varying
life and cultural experiences
● Interest in cultural spaces as sites for creative actions towards social change
● Collaborative and organized methods for planning, coordinating, and communicating
● Reliable transportation to all program meetings at MOCA and around Cleveland
● Proficiency with and reliable access to Google Drive, mobile phone, and social media
● applicants must be willing to submit to a background check
To apply, send resume, contact information for 2 references, and a cover letter to Nicole
Ledinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please answer this question in your cover letter: Why are teens uniquely suited to
positively influence social change?
Applications will be accepted through May 30, 2018