Are you as comfortable recording a concert as you are with ruthlessly editing it to your own impeccable standard of perfection? MOCA Media Program Interns do it all, helping to record and edit public events, assisting in the production of podcasts and video, and even a bit of hard labor (i.e. occasionally pitching in with event set up and take down. It’s not really all that hard. Or laborious.)
You’ll be working with a team of professionals committed to producing diverse and engaging programs and events for MOCA. From Silent Discos to Guest Curator Panels, every event at MOCA has it’s own A/V requirements and idiosyncrasies, and all need to be recorded and digitally archived for posterity.
The ideal intern:
- Flexible and able to switch gears mid-task.
- Happy to take direction and able to think on their feet.
- Comfortable with audio and video software including Adobe Premiere and Cubase or other comparable audio editing program. Advanced understanding of video equipment is a big plus.
- Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Any media-based art
- Computer Science
- Electronic Music
A few logistics:
- Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and must be available to occasionally work special events, most of which occur during evenings and weekends.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “MOCA Media Program Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- Examples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a podcast that you have developed or helped with. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- MOCA internships are unpaid but provide an exceptional opportunity to gain real work-world experience.
- MOCA internships are intended for college students, generally in their senior year or in grad school.
- Plan on working 8-16 hours per week with a schedule based on your availability.
- You should reside in the Cleveland area during your internship. We can’t help with relocation expenses.
- We encourage international applicants, however MOCA does not provide financial reimbursement or sponsorship for international visas.
- We want you to have the full experience so interns should expect to work in the office rather than at home.
- We will happily collaborate with your educational institution to give you academic credit for your experience.