SCHEDULE: Part time, hourly. Evenings and weekend availability required.
COMPENSATION: Hourly + shared commission
Sales Associates are enthusiastic, reliable, engaging individuals who provide MOCA customers with an outstanding shopping experience and the highest level of service. Sales, merchandising, stock work, and participation in store events are all part of associate responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Exhibits a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward customers, sales team and MOCA staff.
• Engages customers and remains attentive to customer needs during their visit.
• Assists customers with product selections and processes orders and returns.
• Exhibits strong familiarity with product information and location.
• Maintains store standards in service, merchandising, and maintenance.
• Participates in store special events, training and Museum initiatives.
• Assists with web store order fulfillment.
• Assists with preparation and recovery of store as needed for special and private events.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 2 years experience in retail sales and customer service.
• Superior organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Ability to work collaboratively and interact with all levels of management, staff, and public.
• Accommodate and respond to frequently shifting priorities calmly and professionally.
• Familiarity with point of sale software preferred.
• Fluency in English: speaking, reading and writing.
• Flexible schedule of 10-15 hours per week with weekends and evening availability required.
• Standing and walking on concrete floor.
• Able to move quickly between office, store and stock room.
• Able to climb step stools or ladders to reach high shelves and participate in physical inventory management.
• Able to hear and speak clearly to visitors.
• Able to lift and move 35 lbs. including fixtures and other equipment.
• Able to actively participate in physically demanding interior and exterior event set-up and take-down as they relate to the museum store.
• Email application packet to Desiree Kellers at email@example.com.
• Application packet must include the following and incomplete submissions will not be considered:
Cover letter, including your weekday and weekend availability.
A completed application
Contact information for 3 professional references
• No phone calls please.