Do you love to shop, talk about shopping, and be around interesting merchandise that you’ll never find in the mall? Are you a “cultural adventurer” who loves meeting new people while spending time in a fun, creative environment? Sales Associates in the MOCA store are enthusiastic, outgoing individuals who provide MOCA visitors with an outstanding shopping experience. Responsibilities include sales, merchandising, stock work, web order fulfillment, and special events.
The ideal sales associate:
• Genuinely interested and interesting.
• Independent, reliable, and self-motivated.
• Has a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in retail sales and customer service. Recent = within the past 3 years.
• Fluent in English: speaking, reading and writing.
You’ll love working at MOCA if:
• You can handle a variety of tasks without constant supervision.
• You’re comfortable discussing ideas and are open to lots of feedback.
• You’re confident and capable, enthusiastic and multi-talented.
A few logistics:
• Priority will be given to candidates with year-round availability.
• Flexible schedule of 10-15 hours per week. Some weekday availability required (10:30am-6:00pm) with evening and weekends shifts as needed.
• Hourly compensation + store discount.
• This position requires a late March/early April start date.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, using the subject line “MOCA Sales Associate Position”.
• Cover letter or email that lets your personality and style shine through. Tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, and if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
• You must include your daily availability. We are closed Mondays.
• Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
• References from 3 employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this position.