Did you ever dream of being a bouncer at an art museum, bodily removing unruly visitors? Well this job is nothing like that. Security interns at MOCA attend informative exhibition education sessions and enjoy interacting with the public while serving as gallery attendants. Behind the scenes work includes monitoring surveillance cameras and validating visitors such as contractors and delivery people. Interns regularly assist with set up and security for MOCA public and private events.
You will work with a team of 3 security professionals who take emergencies and incidents in stride, ensuring the safety of the exhibitions, staff, visitors and facility.
The ideal intern:
- Calm, courteous, and helpful.
- Comfortable approaching visitors and striking up conversation. Assertive without being aggressive.
- Observant and detail oriented. Able to notice when damage has occurred to art or the facility.
- Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas.
- Law enforcement
A few logistics:
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and must be available to work special events, most of which occur during evenings and weekends.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “MOCA Security Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.