Are you listed as a DIY’er to follow on Pinterest? Do you enjoy teaching others as much as making things yourself? Then this could be your ideal internship! You will lead interactive tours and hands-on art projects for audiences of all ages, create teacher resource packets, develop lesson plans, and conduct research for projects that will be compatible with future exhibitions.
You will work with the Curator of Education + Engagement and one Education Fellow to plan and implement K-12 school, family, and docent programs at MOCA.
The ideal intern:
- Upbeat, curious and enthusiastic.
- Outgoing and equally comfortable working with children and engaging their caregivers in conversation.
- Adept at multi-tasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Experience working with children is a big plus.
- Art Education
- K-12 Education
- Studio Art
A few logistics:
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week. Preference will be given to students who can commit to full school year term.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “MOCA YFE Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- Writing samples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a lesson plan that you have written or helped with. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.