Are you interested in fundraising and love having a great reason to chat with interesting people? Development interns at MOCA attend fabulous events, help create eye-catching marketing materials, and handle a few of the slightly less glamorous things like sending membership cards and organizing donor information.
You’ll be working with a team of 3 sophisticated development professionals who handle fundraising for MOCA. They build community partnerships, conceptualize and implement member programs and cultivation events, and craft compelling grant requests.
The ideal intern:
- Poised, positive and tactful.
- Brilliant conversationalist and comfortable with public speaking.
- Master of grammar and spelling. Typos make your skin crawl.
- Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas.
- Experience in event planning, customer service, or communications would be a huge plus, as would an understanding of databases such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Administration
- Arts Administration
A few logistics:
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and must be available to work special events, most of which occur during evenings and weekends. You will also be encouraged to attend occasional offsite events such as donor cultivation dinners.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to email@example.com and use the subject line “MOCA Development Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- Writing samples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a grant that you have written or helped with. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- MOCA internships are unpaid but provide an exceptional opportunity to gain real work-world experience.
- MOCA internships are intended for college students, generally in their senior year or in grad school.
- Plan on working 8-16 hours per week with a schedule based on your availability.
- You should reside in the Cleveland area during your internship. We can’t help with relocation expenses.
- We encourage international applicants, however MOCA does not provide financial reimbursement or sponsorship for international visas.
- We want you to have the full experience so interns should expect to work in the office rather than at home.
- We will happily collaborate with your educational institution to give you academic credit for your experience.