Are you a CULTURAL ADVENTURER?
As the region’s only contemporary art museum, moCa shapes, advances, and creates desire for contemporary culture. moCa’s staff, fellows and interns eagerly engage with contemporary art and ideas. We respond nimbly to challenges and opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit. Cleveland is our home; we are grounded in, and deeply inspired by, this incredible community.
If you want to join us, read on…
JOBS AT moCa
Open positions will be posted below and removed upon identification of a suitable candidate. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
You’ll love working at moCa if…
- You crave the creative freedom to own your projects and make an impact.
- You’re comfortable discussing ideas and are open to lots of feedback.
- You’re confident and capable, enthusiastic and multi-talented.
- You like being surrounded by amazing, challenging artwork.
And if we could Frankenstein our perfect employee?
- Passionately talented, creative and interesting.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Possessing a curious, investigative spirit.
- Loves Cleveland and is willing to flatten anyone who mentions a burning river.
INTERNSHIPS AT moCa
What are internships like at moCa?
- You’ll be placed in a department where you can contribute and grow based on your strengths, interests and goals.
- You’ll work side-by-side with passionate, experienced professionals who love what they do and are committed to your success
- You will help to support myriad strategic initiatives that advance the institution’s programs and exhibitions.
- We value your fresh and occasionally unconventional ideas, enthusiasm and hard work.
- We place students in nearly every department at moCa, however not every internship is offered every season.
What are the deadlines and start dates?
Internships are loosely based on moCa's exhibition seasons, which are Winter/Spring (January - May); Summer (June - August); and Fall (September - December). Some internships overlap so please refer to the job description for details.
- Deadline to apply for the Summer Internship: April 1
- Deadline to apply for the Fall Internship: July 1
- Deadline to apply for the Winter/Spring Internship: November 1
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Please note: moCa internships are intended for college students, generally in their senior year or in grad school. We can occasionally accommodate shadow opportunities for younger students so if you are a high school student interested in a project at moCa, please click here to inquire about STUDENT PROJECT REQUESTS.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
MOCA Cleveland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or any other legally protected status as provided by law.
In addition to federal law requirements, moCa Cleveland complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
moCa Cleveland expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or ancestry or any other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of moCa’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.